Company Name: Hatchling recruitment Services ("the Company")
Company Contact & Details: Kevin Probert Director- Kevin@hatchlingrecruitmentservices.com The Gate Business Centre Keppoch Street Roath Cardiff CF24 3JW
Date: November 2020 Version 1.0
The Company and its representative, is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. The Company or its representative must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company and its representative acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, or its representative such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. The Company or its representative must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
- Collection and use of personal data
- Purpose of processing and legal basis
The Company or its representative will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Consent / Legitimate Interest / Legal Obligation / Contractual Obligation
- Legitimate interest
Where the Company or its representative has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests are as follows:
- Data captured from face to face, telephone, WhatsApp, Messenger, Text. email or other methods of communication
- Data captured from candidate uploads to the Hatchling Recruitment Wales website
- Data captured from referrals e.g. friends
- Data captured from candidate registrations with job boards
- Data captured from candidate who have expressed ‘career interests’ with LinkedIn
- Recipient/s of data
The Company or its representative will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
- Hatchling Recruitment Wales Payroll and Benefits provider for the Hatchling Recruitment Wales temporary and contract workforce
- Internally within the Company or its representative, which may include text messages and/or email i.e. worker bank details confirmation
- The Company or its representatives CRM database provider
- The Company or its representative client base (where requested and The Company or its representative have satisfied themselves that there is a legitimate request i.e. timesheets, security checks etc
- Third party reference requests, providing they are accompanied by a consent form relating to the specified data subject
- Statutory/contractual requirement
Your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require this personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data are:
- Overseas Transfers
The Company or its representative may transfer only the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
- Data retention
The Company or its representative will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time. The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where the Company or its representative has obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy (a copy of which is attached). Upon expiry of that period the Company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company, or its representative will cease to process your personal data/and sensitive personal data.
- Your rights - Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you.
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you.
- The right to rectification of your personal data.
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest.
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company or its representative processing your personal data/and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting any Hatchling Recruitment member of staff.
- Automated decision-making
Where the Company or its representative uses automated decision-making, including profiling, the Company or its representative will provide meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the individual.
- Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: Kevin Probert Director firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.